Humor is an art. For humor need a sharp mind and quick response. Stupid and narrow-minded man is far not only from the mind and intelligence, but also from good humor.
If a person wants to learn to joke, he should understand and understand the nature of humor.
People intuitively feel-that funny and that not funny. And, nevertheless, to understand the nature of humor will be useful to everyone.
The main idea and meaning of the joke is based on the discrepancy between the expected development of events to what is actually happening. Everyone is used to... we are sure ... we expect that "something" should happen in this way and in no other way, but everything happens completely unexpectedly and in a new way. There is a discrepancy between what should be and what is. Mismatch of expected and actual.
We can distort statements and thoughts we no longer believe in. Can make fun of people whose pathos and importance exceeded all measure. We can laugh at people's reactions to unexpected situations. And situations should be constructed so that they do not lead to death or injury.
In fact we can talk about 8 types of jokes:
1. Ridiculing important people and those in power. Neglecting their authority, creating for them situations where the expected diverges from the actual. Identifying their qualities of character and behavior that are contrary to their importance and smugness. Or, on the contrary, emphasizing some of the positive properties of their character, in the most ridiculous situations.
2. Ridiculed the vices and traits inherent in those or other people and groups of people: cowardice, self-righteousness, infallibility, stupidity, weakness, low qualification, drunkenness, moral shortcomings, the person is not in his place, high expectations, etc.
3. Mocked the logic error. Pseudo-logical constructions leading to absurd situations are created.
4. Violation of sense of proportion. A violation of form, harmony, and proportion. Details, to the detriment of the General hypertrophied increase (or, conversely, decrease).
5. Sex and everything connected with it. But ridiculed not the sex per se, but a situation that violates it templates and familiar developments. The discovery of facts that a person does not want to admit, the denial of reality, some absurd situations. Ridiculed inflated expectations of partners, their reassessment of themselves and their importance in the life of a partner.
6. Wordplay, similarity of words and their meanings (a rather complex type of humor, is considered highly intelligent).
7. Reaction to an unusual and unexpected situation that violates the patterns. For example, a laconic and calm reaction to where in reality there would be shouts and discontent.
8. Absurdity and hypertrophy of vices and stupidity. Absurdity as a tool of chaos, an important source of novelty that makes humor successful.
The enemies of good humor: lack of novelty (old joke, all already know and heard 1000 times), rudeness and excessive vulgarity, haste, and neclenorazdelnaya, unsuccessful topics, such as injury, death, or threat of the disease, some "patients and acute" for the audience of listeners questions that undermine their feelings or causing them pain.
A joke said off-topic, at the wrong time, or in the wrong place is a Prime example of a bad joke and the stupidity of the person who voiced it, even though the fact is that formally, the joke itself was good and funny.
Nothing can spoil a good joke more than wanting to say it in the wrong place or at the wrong time... or worse, not on the topic of conversation.